Friday, January 25, 2013

Ramblings of an Insomniac

Ok, so maybe 13 minutes until midnight isn't exactly considered insomnia, but when you take 3 sleeping pills at 10:15 and they still have yet to kick in, and you know if you're not asleep by 1 am you can pretty well hang it up and just start brewing coffee because you know you're in for a long next 24-36 hours, yeah, that's kinda getting there.

Well, at least it's the weekend and the most demanding thing I have on my to do list for the next two days is laundry. I can't go anywhere, there's ice on the roads. Hopefully I will sleep soon, but if I don't I have a story I'm in the middle of writing, the coffee pot is full, and I have a Paul Young CD I can put on repeat until I get tired of it and then I'll just pop in a Spice Girls CD. I may even get around to defragging my computer tonight. The poor thing needs it. By now I'm sure it's cussing me in more than one language.

I still miss my old computer. I mean, I like this one, it's great and all, but my old one had a little more power. I think it had a stronger processor. It was built with the fact in mind that I would make it do a bunch of different crap all at once. This one will do it, but it's like it hesitates long enough to give me a dirty look and say "Really? This too? You only have four pages, a picture, two stories, a song and a chat open, and now you want your blog too?"

I was going through some pictures last night and found a few of Salem, a big black cat I used to have. I miss that cat. I had him for ten years and had to give him away because he had developed some health problems that I didn't know how to take care of, so I gave him to someone who could give him the care he needed. He was a sweet cat, grouchy as he could be, funny, and a little prankster!

I need to get my flower beds ready for spring. I have a few things I want to build around them and a bunch more flower bulbs to put in the ground. It'll probably take me a week to get it all done, but it's worth it to see the beauty of it in spring and summer. I just need to find a few days where it will be clear and at least not freezing cold.

Ok, I'm getting sleepy so I'm going to crash while I can. Maybe one day soon I'll think of something else brilliant to post! ;)

Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment