Saturday, October 6, 2012

Making Stuff For My Kid's Class....

I told my daughter's teacher I would make some things for the class, and I made my first attempt the other night with a jar of home made finger paint.

Whew!!! Wow what a job that was to do!!!!! Oh man!!! That was SOOOOOO hard to make!!! ;) Yeah right. 3 ingredients, stir until it boils and thickens, pour into a jar and add food coloring. Took me 10 whole minutes, lol! And it's made of stuff out of the kitchen cabinet, so it's completely non-toxic. Seriously, it calls for some corn starch, a little salt, a little sugar, some water, and the food coloring. When the cornstarch, salt, and sugar mix thickens, it looks like the stuff they make the gel out of for the filling in those little fried fruit pies. I think it basically is the same stuff.

And the other day I went into the classroom to pick my daughter up, and all over the place were paintings made with blue finger paint! My blue finger paint! That jar had been a trial run, and it turned out really well! The teacher said, "yeah, it did great! Now all we need are more colors!" I think I heard a hint in that statement somewhere. I will make several more colors tomorrow. :)

The next recipe I plan to make for this class? Play dough!! :)

Can ya tell I'm having fun with this???

Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment