Monday, April 9, 2012

I wish I had a picture of this....I have this dingbat cat named Goober, an orange and white tabby, not quite a year old. This cat lives up to his name. He is one of the sweetest, most adorable cats I have ever had, but some of the things he does truly take a Goober!!!

We have a fish tank. Before you say "oh no! Fish and cats don't mix!" I have to say, he never harms the fish. He only drinks the water from the tank. I guess he's figured out that as long as he leaves the fish alone, he'll get fish flavored water!

Anyway, this cat will walk on the edge of the tank, and drink. And then, he falls in. And while he's certainly making moves to get out, he doesn't act like he's in much of a hurry, and the fish have gotten to where they'll just go to the other end of the tank, point and laugh. I think it would be a good idea to throw in the fact that the tank is not deep enough for Goober to get hurt. He could stand on the bottom and keep his head above the water. He never hurts the fish, he just acts like he enjoys taking a dip. I guess he wants to swim some laps. I don't know. Maybe he knows swimming is good exercise and he's trying to keep his physique.

Now if you want to see something REALLY funny, fill the bath tub and stand back. He will immediately jump up on the side of a full bath tub, bat at the water, and I swear I think he must fall in on purpose at least some of the time. It's like this cat cannot resist water! He will walk back and forth on the edge of the tub non stop until he falls in! And once again, he'll jump out, but he doesn't act like he's in any huge hurry.

I think he must secretly like the water, but being a cat he knows he has an image to maintain. "I'll just jump up here, and woops! Fall into the water...then I'll jump right back out and act grouchy, but not before I get a nice relaxing five-second swim!"

And as if this cat wasn't living on the edge enough as it is by taking dives into fish tanks, his favorite playmate is a 90 pound rottweiler/black lab mix named Taz! He has the color and shape of a rottie, and the fur of a lab. Gorgeous dog! Of course, this dog is a big teddy bear. 90 pounds, I think 88 pounds is heart, and the other 2 pounds are fur. I was raised all my childhood life with the idea that cats and dogs don't mix. You wouldn't prove it by Taz and Goober! Those two will play in the yard together for hours!

And in addition to these two and a tank with 7 fish, we also have a little brown terrier named Gizmo, 5 hens and a rooster! Yep, we live in a zoo! And who has more fun than anyone with all these animals? My little girl! My three year old daughter has even the chickens so spoiled rotten that they will come eat out of her hand!! And Taz? He turns to mush when she's around! Ah yes, a kid and her pets! So sweet to watch!! And Goober doesn't mind it when she picks him up and gives him a great big squeeze hug!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment